Events & Announcements
>View All Events & Announcements
  Related Links
  Chamber of Commerce
  St Clair County Services
  Directions to Moody
  Local Weather
  Miracle League
  State Resources

Inspection & Public Works

Patsy Beard
Wayne Taylor, Inspector

Location & Hours of Operation
670 Park Avenue
Moody, AL 35004
(205) 640-2531 Fax
(205) 640-0311

Public Works Director
Steve Mitchell

James Jones
Public Works Supervisor
(205) 640-0309

Administrative Clerk/ Planning & Zoning
Jessica Amick
(205) 640-0309


The Inspection and Public Works Department includes inspection, planning, zoning and city streets. The department issues permits, determines proper land use and inspects new construction and renovations or for work that requires an inspection. This includes work performed by the homeowner or business owner.  The office is located in the City Hall Suite 108.  Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Assistance >View Forms

  • 911 Addressing
  • Maps, Flood Plain and Zoning information
  • Street light outage
  • Ordinance violations—signs, yards, and junk
  • Animal Control/Code Enforcement— (205)640-0326
  • Recycling—located at Moody City Park Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (NO GLASS)
  • Limb Pick Up— (205) 640-7000 must be a Veolia customer
  • Planning Commission—meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m.
  • Zoning Board of Adjustment—meets only when needed. Must call (205) 640-0309
  • Sign Ordinance—must be approved by the Planning Commission



A License is required for any business, trade, vocation, occupation, profession conducted in the City of Moody. Please the Revenue Department at (205) 640-0304 for information concerning requirements and fees.

Permits >View Forms
Permits must be obtained for the following:
Construction, renovation, addition, alteration or repair to residential or commercial structures

  • Fences
  • Pools
  • Accessory Structures
  • Heating & Air
  • Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, & Mechanical work must hold proper certifications
  • Roofing
  • Miscellaneous Work
  • Signs
  • Permits for new Single Family Dwelling or Commercial Buildings, should include two or three complete sets of plans; health department approval or sewer impact receipt; plot plan showing the location of the structure.

Sign Permits must be approved by the Planning Commission. Accessory structures, fences, pools should include a drawing and a plot plan showing the location of the structure in relation to setbacks.

Mobile Homes are allowed in the City of Moody in AG-1 (Agriculture Zoning) you must have at least one acre of land and you must obtain adjoining property owners signatures furnished by our office. You also must have a Mobile Home Permit and a certified Master Electrician to wire the power up.

The Public Works Department maintains all street maintenance for City Streets to include drainage, grass cutting, and street sign repairs.


City Council
Linda Crowe
Nick Rutledge
Lynn Taylor
For Office Use Only
Connect with moody on Facebook
Moody ranks amongst the Safest Places in Alabama



City of Moody, Al | 670 Park Avenue | Moody, Alabama 35004 | (205) 640-2528 Fax | (205) 640-5121
Local Government Corporation | Email the Webmaster